Monday, March 01, 2010

Olympic Gold

It wasn't always pretty, but I finished! 1 sweater, 17 days. Thank God it comes only once every four years!


I wore the sweater to work today, in celebration (and relief. plus, I hadn't done laundry). I'm really happy with the way it looks and the way it fits, except that I think the sleeves might be too short.


I'm going to wash it before I make any decisions (it's superwash, it might grow. and no, I didn't swatch). If it doesn't grow adequately, I'll probably cut the cuffs off, knit the sleeves a few inches longer, and then graft the cuffs back on. Fortunately, that isn't a decision that has to be made now. For now, I'm basking in the glory of Olympic gold.

7 comments:

marvelouserror said...

great job! looks fantastic.i couldn't even dream of finishing a sweater in 17 days!

Sophie said...

Congratulations on your beautiful sweater! I don't know how you do it. A baby onesy was all I could manage during the Olympics.

KimT said...

gorgeous! A well deserved victory!

NEEDLEWINGS said...

gorgeous sweater! Lots of work! I wish I could knit, but never learned how. I guess I best stick to paint brushes and sewing machines. lol

Janne said...

Wow, what a prolific knitter you are and the sweater is beautiful. It takes me a month to knit a sweater.

Sharon said...

What a beautiful sweater! Congratulations!

3-G The Poet said...

You have an amazing blog, it is really very awesome, if you’re interested here is the link to my blog of poetry, it would be awesome if you could check it out and follow if you like.

http://thehumanicana.blogspot.com/

Or my facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Poetry-By-Grant-Grey-Guda/399397276060?v=wall

Hoping you have a wonderful week filled with inspiration and laughter,
Grant-Grey