Friday, February 09, 2007

Long time, no internet

The internet in my apartment isn't working. It hasn't been working since some time Tuesday night. I have no real reason to hope that it will be working when I get home this evening or at any point this weekend.

It's slowly driving me crazy. There have been several humorous moments that were great blog fodder, but their hopes to shine in their very own posts have been dashed by the lack of internet. The best, though, is still worth relating: I was knitting on one of the baby socks on the Metro home yesterday. Standing on the platform, waiting for the train, the woman next to me is watching and says, "Those look like tooth picks!" I just smiled and agreed that they were small needles.

There's been knitting. I think I'm even going to make the three pairs of socks by Sunday goal. The green washcloth I'm not so enamored with, and I'm not quite sure if I'll actually have enough green yarn. I'm even less sure what I'm going to do about it if I'm short. I suppose I'll find out when I get there...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DD#3 measured toothpicks one time. She discovered that although they are shorter in length than the tiny dpns, they have the same circumference. So congratulate yourself. You know how to knit with toothpicks.