Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Oh, the Irony!

So, clearly I'm over-ambitious when it comes to setting goals. My apologies for my long absence. But I'm very nearly done with the work on my condo, and down to just a few boxes still to unpack. In fact, *whispers* I think I'm done enough that I'll be back to blogging rather more frequently, like once or twice a week.

Since I last blogged, I've made some slight progress on the Hawaii Jaywalker sock. It's the first of the pair, and so close to done that it's embarrassing that I didn't finish it before starting on the next thing that caught my eye. (And please, say nothing about second sock syndrome...)


There's a particular yarn, in a particular colorway, that I've been coveting for months. I didn't order it online because of the moving chaos, but every time I've been in a yarn shop, I've looked for it. So, then a bit over a week ago, my sister came to visit, and I took her to the LYS so she could pick out a sock yarn that I would make into socks for her for Christmas. This particular shop has many shelves full of sock yarn. My sister walked to these shelves, looked for about 30 seconds, and pulled out a hank, announcing that she had found the yarn she wanted. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, as the hank she pulled out was the very yarn, in the very colorway, that I've been longing for. And, of course, they only had one hank. But I do try to be a good sister, so I got it for her and got a different colorway for myself.

Fleece Artist Merino Sock in Cornflower (hank, mine) and Polar Sea (ball, my sister's).

She also picked out a pattern for her socks, and I couldn't have been more pleased with her choice, since it's a pattern I've been eying for some time: Monkey Socks!


It turns out that this yarn is completely delightful to work with, in addition to being beautifully dyed. So I think I'm still coveting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dudes. Monkey socks. How awesome is that?

I wore my El Zano socks on Friday.

Unknown said...

The Hawaii colorway looks interesting in Jaywalkers, doesn't it? Good for you for being generous enough to let your sister have the yarn you've been coveting. Perhaps your LYS will order more?