Sunday, July 20, 2008

Looking on the bright side

If I'm not my usual, chipper self for the next few weeks, I beg your kind indulgence. I'm going through a bit of a challenging transition right now. You see, Mr. Darcy might actually more appropriately be called Captain Wentworth. He has gone off (under Navy orders that were decided long before we started dating) to seek his fortune. So, like a long list of Navy wives and sweethearts before me, I find myself necessarily left behind. Fortunately, modern communication and transportation mean that we'll be able to talk to and see each other far more often than Anne Elliot and Captain Wentworth.

And in the meantime, I'm looking on the bright side and thinking about all the time I have for my things that I didn't before. All the things I'll be able to catch up on, and finish, and start, maybe.

I pulled out Picovoli from the WIP drawer - it's almost finished. Just needs cap sleeves and sewing of the hems.


Remember
my first sock? In what is possibly a miraculous recovery from second sock syndrome, I've started it's mate.


I started new lace. This is the Arabesque stole in Jojoland lace-weight.


This pile of fabric? It's destiny is to become two 9-patch quilts - one in red, one in blue.


And then of course, there's my rather lengthy queue on Ravelry, my venture in spinning, and a couple thousand pages of reading I'd like to do. So really, I don't think there's the slightest risk of my being bored. In fact, I might even come to enjoy the extra time to myself...

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Go for the socks! I love the pattern... so lovely.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear that you and Mr. Darcy are now forced into a long-distance relationship. They're do-able, but tough. On the other hand, extra knitting time can't be all bad. Picovoli is coming along quite nicely.