Sunday, July 12, 2009

Acquisitions

I don't know how this happens so often: I sit down at the computer to blog, start by doing something else, and suddenly, it's three hours later at the end of the evening, I haven't blogged and I should really be going to bed. Normally, I give up on the blogging in favor of sleep, not not tonight! I still need to prepare for Monday, though, so this will be a quickie.

I've had some interesting acquisitions lately, chief among them a new camera. I've been playing a lot with the new camera, and used it to take some pictures of my most recent yarn acquisitions.

Limari by Araucania, a fantastically soft, marvelously blotchy super bulky wool/alpaca/silk blend that I bought as souvenir yarn in London.

Zauberball by Schoppel-Wolle, a remarkably fun-looking sock yarn and another souvenir from my London trip.

A load of Blue Moon Fiber Arts' Socks that Rock in light and medium weights and intended for four different projects.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I love that middle one! Did you buy it wound that way or did you do it? It looks so very cool!

Mereknits said...

I love your yarn. Isn't it calming to just look at pictures of yarn and imagine what great projects you could make from it all. The next best thing to going to a yarn store.

Unknown said...

What fabulous colors. But did I see something decidedly un-Meredith like in there? Some orange? Eek!

Nicole said...

Love the new acquisitions!