Sunday, July 05, 2009

Still so far behind...

My blogging is still months behind my actual knitting. This is a direct result of two things: 1) I don't like to blog about gifts (as finished objects) until the recipient has actually gotten it (and I'm really slow in getting things to my family), and 2) when things get crazy busy, I quit blogging but I don't quit knitting.

Anyway, my dad's birthday was back in February. His birthday present was a scarf that I didn't finish until March and didn't get in the mail until last week. I realize scarves are not useful in the summer, even in Alaska, but summer's short and it'll be cold again in a few months, so I don't feel too badly about it.


It's a Noro two-row stripe scarf in 1x1 ribbing. Simple, and I picked sedate colorways on purpose, because while my dad has occasionally been known to where almost anything (you should see the cycling and skiing clothes), he's new to scarves and I didn't want to overwhelm him with both a new accessory and outrageous colors.


In any case, I hope he finds it to be a useful winter accessory to wear with his leather jacket in a stylish fashion the rest of the family will approve of.

No comments: