Sunday, March 25, 2007

OCONUS Stash

Well, formerly OCONUS (meaning "outside the contiguous US"). Yesterday I got a box in the mail from my mom. She sent me (at my request, for a statistics project) the portion of my stash that I'd left there, in Anchorage. It consisted of a bunch of purple Lopi-Lite, some purple regular Lopi, several balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, some purple Nature Spun, and a bonus of two hanks of linen.


Also in the box was an even better bonus - two skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Black Purl, and one ball of Trekking XXL in a purply-pinky-bluish sort of colorway.


In term of actual knitting, the CM scarf is coming along - I'm almost done with the second of three balls of yarn. The grey Lopi sweater is coming along too. I'm back to knitting the yoke, and I think it will fit much better this time, with an extra repeat included. The only frustration is that there's a bit of a line where I ripped back to in the body. (I tried and failed to get an adequate picture.) I'm sure it will block out fine, but right now I'm not such a fan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, dear sister!

I couldn't help but notice the very beautiful view out your window (it rivals the Trekking XXL and the Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Black Purl yarns that the picture is modeling). You see, it is a foreign view for us Anchoragites (or however you care to spell it). For one, there is a significant lack of snow on everything. After a "Spring" Break filled with snow I am sure you can understand that it would be weird. Another thing is that there are patches of green grass. The last time green grass was seen on this property was October 26, 2006. 151 days of snow (with varying degrees of cleanliness)...

I expect that you are enjoying your paradise (frankly, I think it is better than Hawaii).

~TTFN!
Suz

Anonymous said...

Yarn Harlot updated, you really need to! I can't believe, that's way freaking cool.

knitnzu said...

Hey! Saw that you saw the harlot, and she linked to you and she put up a pic of your very amazing sock! Nice! (and I also see you have a thing for blues and purples!).

Linda said...

I think I found that very same Trekking while pawing through the sock portion of stash yesterday morning...