Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Is it Friday yet?

Yes, I know it's only Tuesday, and that I have two or three more days to get through. In theory, I get every other Friday off in exchange for working 9 hour days instead of the usual 8, but that theory is dependent on things going fairly smoothly - nothing breaking, no boss types getting into tizzies about my stuff, and my being able to make some progress on my veritable mountain of work. If Monday and today have been any indication, I'll be working on Friday. Today was so bad that I was at work for 12 hours, ate lunch at my desk, and didn't make it to the gym (I often use my lunch hour to work out). At an early afternoon meeting, my boss thought it was Wednesday. By 4:30, I could have sworn it was Thursday... So even though it's only Tuesday, I'm really, really ready for Friday.

In the knitting news, the Tangled Yoke Cardigan is tantalizingly close to being done:


I got all of the knitting and weaving in of ends finished on Sunday, so all I have to do is sew the buttons on. Unfortunately for the knitting, last night I had neither the energy nor coherence to sew buttons. I probably would have sewed them to the band with the buttonholes in it, or something equally stupid. Tonight, I've got a little more energy and coherence, but after I blog, I'm spending it on necessary adult things, like cleaning the kitchen. I'll do a finished object post for it this weekend, after buttons are on and once I get some decent pictures in some natural light.

I've already started my next project, although, since it's only ribbing so far, it isn't very interesting, photographically speaking. The swatch is much curiouser:


Also curious is that I can't decide if the yarn is a blue purple or a red purple. It varies amazingly with the light.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to take care of the requisite bits of adulthood and then go to bed so I can get through the rest of the week with something at least vaguely akin to dignity and grace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

At least we have knitting to get us through all those "requisite bits of adulthood".

The more I look at your knitting, the fonder I become of the color purple. On my monitor, I'd say the yarn is blue purple, but maybe that's just because I prefer everything on the cool side.

The Tangled Yoke Cardigan looks great! Congratulations!