Saturday, November 29, 2008

Slip Sliding Away...

Today is my mom's birthday. Since she's a knitter with a well-defined color palette (green, mostly, but also blue and brown), she's easy to shop for. I got her yarn (what else?) in green and brown. I also knit her socks, since she isn't so much of a sock knitter (although you should see the way she turns out hats), and everyone who's loved by a knitter should have at least one pair of hand-knit socks.


Pattern: Slippery
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Icehouse (note the green and blue)

(It's tilted because it's really hard to take a picture
of you're own feet when you're standing like that)


The pattern was a fun one to knit, and it didn't bother me at all the the socks are more fraternal than identical. Especially since the striping at the ankles did turn out to match pretty closely (see first picture).


I made very few changes to this pattern. I knit a different number of repeats/partial repeats in the leg to end the side panels in a place that I thought made more sense, and I change the chart just before the toe because I thought it flowed into the stockinette of the toe better my way.

Anyway, happy birthday Mom, and I hope you like the socks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Who would have thought that all those dance classes would pay off years later for self-photographing socks? They are so beautiful. Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Those are really beautiful. I have that pattern queued already, but that blue and green colorway looks amazing. I love it! Your mom is very blessed.