Saturday, January 03, 2009

The year that was

Well, so much for 2008. In typical fashion, I still have loose ends to tie up. Well, not literally, since I actually did manage to get everyone's gifts for the past year done, if not on time, in the past year. But I still have finished objects to blog about and patterns to write up. And at the rate that I get things done, it may very well take me until some time in February (although my goal is to finish up with the 2008 stuff by the end of January), so I guess I better get started.

My first step was to get things squared away on Ravelry. I put in all the yarn I've gotten over the past few months, added the books I got for Christmas, and got my project list all up-to-date. Frighteningly, that took most of the day. But since I've joined the 2009 Stash Knit Down, it's a useful move. I'm doing the 24 projects variant, in which the guidelines are that at least half of them should be from stash, and that at least three of them should involve new techniques. My first project for the year is a stealth project and therefore currently unbloggable, but it is a new technique project, which excites me deeply!

My next step is to work on getting all my finished things blogged about. As I said, this may take a while. So finished thing the first: Bayerische Socks!


I'm really pleased with the way they turned out, especially since the second and third socks did come out the same size to make a matched pair. And perhaps best of all, I got them done in time to give to my mom for Christmas!


Yarn: Patons Kroy 4-ply
Needles: Size 1 Inox DPNs (which worked way better than bamboo)

The final step in getting 2008 knitting business taken care of is to write up the patterns for a scarf and socks that I haven't even blogged about yet (did I mention I was behind?). I'm going to do that in parallel with the catch-up blogging, and with a little (okay, a lot) of luck, I'll be caught up by Valentine's Day.

I hope you all have a wonderful 2009, filled with family, friends, and really good yarn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, wait a minute, how many of those socks did you end up knitting? No wonder you're behind schedule. Know what I do when I'm behind? Change the schedule.

Unknown said...

Ooooh, mystery knitting.

Congratulations on ending up with a matched pair of Bayerische socks. Sehr schoen!